Thursday 14 July 2011

Short Story Writing

I've been itching to get back to short story writing for some time after a long stretch focusing on my novel. I've missed several short story competition deadlines, which I'm rather miffed about, simply because I didn't feel I had anything new enough or good enough to send out.

I've just read this marvellous blog post by Alison McLeod about writing short stories. Superb tips! I would urge everyone who wishes to write good short stories and everyone who submits to The Yellow Room Magazine to read this! http://blogs.chi.ac.uk/shortstoryforum/?p=5250

I've just finished sending the last of The Yellow Room Issue 6 out to all those who requested a copy or subscribe. We have a bit of a cash flow problem at the moment, so I would urge you to buy a copy of the magazine, if you haven't already or recommend it to your friends. http://www.theyellowroom-magazine.co.uk/www.theyellowroom-magazine.co.uk/Latest_Issue.html

I hope you like the photograph! It was taken in the 1930s (my father as a baby, his mother - far left, his uncle and aunt).

2 comments:

JO said...

Nothing to do with your writing efforts - but have discovered how to do clever reduction-of-address on twitter (you tweeted about it a while ago). Instead of clicking on the twitter button at the bottom of you blog, copy the address and then paste it into a tweet - and voila!

Anonymous said...

Great link - thanks Jo!